Did you know that July is National Grilling Month? One of the best parts of summer is being able to grill out. And we do, all the time! You can throw the whole meal on the grill and have a quick and healthy supper that tastes great. Because really, everything tastes better on the grill. For National Grilling Month, here is one of our favorite burger recipes- Southwest Burgers.
With a little Tex-Mex flair, this recipe is a twist on the classic American cheeseburger. Grab some delicious and nutritious beef, give it a try this summer and let us know what you think!
1 lb. ground beef
1 T Paprika
1 T Cumin
¼ t chili powder
1 t salt, more to taste
1 t garlic powder
½ t ground black pepper
1 cup shredded mozzarella or Mexican cheese
1. Pre heat grill to medium heat.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef with all seasonings. Mix well by hand and shape into large, flat patties.
3. Divide the cheese evenly between the patties and place in the middle. Shape the meat around the cheese to form another patty so the cheese is in the center.
4. Grill for about 8-10 minutes each side, depending on thickness.
5. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
~Oven roasted potatoes sliced into “steak fry” wedges, using the same seasonings as for the burgers.
~grilled squash and zucchini with garlic salt
~homemade black bean and corn salsa with lime juice and cilantro