We had a great blackberry season! We are closed now for U Picking, but we hope you will join us next year. Here is one of our favorite ways to use blackberries- cobbler! Let us know in the comment section if you try this recipe, and what your favorite way to eat blackberries is! Grab some vanilla ice cream and enjoy.
2-3 cups blackberries
1 cup sugar, plus 1/4 cup
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup milk
1 stick butter melted, plus 2 TBS
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Place 2 TBS butter in a baking pan and melt in oven while pre heating. Remove pan when butter is melted.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine one stick butter, flour, 1 cup sugar, and milk and whisk together.
4. Pour batter into the pan.
5. Sprinkle blackberries evenly over the batter and bake in oven for 1 hour.
6. When there are 10 minutes remaining, sprinkle remaining 1/4 c sugar over the top and continue baking.
Serve with whipped cream and/or ice cream.
Tip: I like to sprinkle about 1/4 cup sugar over the fruit and leave in the refrigerator over night for some extra sweetness!